6 Mondays: Sept 18, Sept 25, Oct 2, Oct 9, Oct 16, Oct 23 at 4pm PT | 7pm ET
Coming back by request, we’re bringing you more craft—Craft Essentials—this fall with another all-star teacher roster poised to support you to reach new heights in your memoir-writing.
During these six consecutive weeks, you’ll learn to:
• write with all your senses (Janet Fitch)
• show your reader so they feel like they’re inside your story with you (Rebecca Carroll)
• harness the power of narration (Jeannine Ouellette)
• honor subtext and subtly in your story (E.J. Koh)
• track the many ways context is necessary for your readers (Linda Joy Myers)
• unlock the ways in which aboutness holds the key to a more contained story (Brooke Warner)
With over a decade of memoir offerings under our belt, Linda Joy Myers and Brooke Warner (who host these biannual programs) have both seen in students’ writing and heard from memoirists themselves that the thing they’re most yearning for is more craft. Craft makes you a better writer. Practicing your craft is what makes your memoir sing—but also connect. The goal of this course is to support writers to excel in this genre, to craft books that readers love and recommend to their friends, and to be in community with like-minded writers in order to be buoyed through the inevitable choppy waters of personal storytelling. Each of the teachers guiding you through these classes is a class act supportive teacher bringing everything they know and everything they’ve learned to support you on your journey. We’d love to have you join us.
• Sessions are on Zoom.
• Each session is 1 hour.
• All sessions are recorded.